I would like to replace KCN-A □ ST- □.
Please tell me the successor model and update procedure when updating to the current product.
The successor model will be the KCV series.
Since there are differences in specifications, please check the following notes when replacing.
Model number comparison table
|KCN-A series||KCV series||remarks|
|KCN-A4ST||KCV-4S||4-digit AC power supply transistor output|
|KCN-A6ST||KCV-6S||6 digit AC power supply transistor output|
|KCN-A4ST-C||KCV-4S-C||4-digit DC power supply transistor output|
|KCN-A6ST-C||KCV-6S-C||6-digit DC power supply transistor output|
1. KCV does not support PNP output. For NPN open collector connection only.
2. The maximum counting speed is different. (KCN-A: 5kHz → KCV: 10kHz)
3. Set the KCV with prediction output setting to “zero”.
4. The terminal block arrangement and setup menu items / display order are different between KCN-A and KCV.
5. The key protection method is different.
6. KCV will not output, if the set value is 0.
7. The depth dimension of the product is different. (AC power supply: + 10mm, DC power supply: + 5mm)
Input connection method
Output connection method
Key protection settings
|KCN-A series||KCV series|
|Short-circuit terminal blocks ⑤ and ⑥||Set with dip SW6|
For KCV, set the prediction output setting to “zero”.
DIP switch setting
Settings in setup mode
In addition, some functions have changed to DIP SW settings.
For set-up please refer to the figure below.
Click here for inquiries by email