I would like to update GC-53LCx (53LMx / 55EMx / 56LCx).
Please tell me the successor model and update procedure when updating to the current product.
The GC-53 series is currently being replaced by the GC-A24-RS, but it is not a fully compatible product.
(GC-55 / GC-56 series is for GC-A26)
In addition, F / W Ver0.1.1.0 Build01 or later (produced after January 2021), GC-7x compatibility mode with improved compatibility with the old series is now available.
The project migration procedure when using this is as follows.
For details, please read the explanation below from the model number comparison table.
1. If the project for GC-50 is not on your computer, you need to perform operations such as uploading from the display and restoring the uploaded project.
2. If the project uploaded from the display does not have editable screen data, or if you are using a connected device (PLC) that is not compatible with the GC-70 series, it cannot be replaced.
3. Your connected device (PLC) is Please check if it is listed in “Vol_8_2_SCA2_SCREEN CREATOER 5” posted here.
4. A USB memory or SD card is required to download the project to the GC-A2x series.
5. The GC-50 series has a DSUB 9-pin (female) serial communication port connector, while the GC-A2 series has a DSUB 15-pin (male). If you want to use the cable used for the GC-50 as it is, create a connector conversion cable. For the conversion cable, see here.
6. In addition, display restrictions will occur due to changes in screen resolution.
Model number comparison table
|GC-50||Successor GC-A2||screen size||External dimensions||Panel cut|
|GC-53LM||GC-A24-RS * 1||7.0 inch wide 800×480 (WVGA)|| GC-53: 197.0Wx152.0Hx47.0D
|GC-55EM *1||GC-A26||10.4 inches 800×600(SVGA)||GC-55：296.0Wx202.0Hx77.5D
* 1: Screen size / resolution and external dimensions are different.
* 2: Screen resolution and external dimensions are different.
If you have a project on your computer, start with “④ Open the project”.
1. Attach a commercially available USB / serial converter to your computer and set it to either COM1 to COM4.
For COM port settings, see here. Please give me.
2. Please connect PC and GC-50 with GC-S1C1-DEE download cable.
Click here for the down cable connection diagram Please take a look.
3. Touch the upper left and lower right of the GC-50 screen at the same time to switch to the system screen.
4. Touch “Download” to put the GC-50 in the download waiting state.
5. Select “Project”-> “Upload”-> “Upload” of the drawing tool SCREEN CREATOR 5 (hereinafter SC5).
6. Select the model number in “Panel”.
7. Select the COM port number and communication speed of the PC to which the display is connected in “Transfer method”.
8. Uncheck “Transfer from CF card” and press “Execute”.
After uploading, execute SC5 “Project”-> “Upload”-> “Restore Upload Project”.
③ E250 error
At this time, if the message “E250 project has not been downloaded” appears, the editable project has not been downloaded to the display side, so no further work can be done.
For details, refer to the user’s manual “Vol.2 Operation 4-72 Download”.
Because it was downloaded without checking “Transfer project files and enable upload editing” when downloading.
④ Open the project
1. Select the project from “Project”-> “Open” of SC5 and press “OK”.
⑤ Check connected devices
1. Your connected device is Check if it is listed in “Vol_8_2_SCA2_SCREEN CREATOER 5” posted here.
2. If it is not on the list, no further work can be done.
⑥ Project conversion
1. Change the model number of “Panel” from “Project”-> “Project Properties” of SC5 to “GC-7x” and press “OK”.
2. For GC-53LM (2/3), select GC-73LM. * Converted to background color: black, object color: white
3. For GC-53LC (2), select GC-73LC.
4. For GC-55EM (2), select GC-76LC (monochrome). * When placed horizontally, the 80 dots at the bottom of the screen will be a margin (when placed vertically, the right side of the screen).
5. For GC-56LC (2), select GC-76LC.
⑦-1 Download to USB / SD
1. Attach the USB memory to the USB port of the personal computer. (Or insert the SD card into the SD card slot)
2. Select “Project”-> “Download” of SC5.
3. Check “Transfer from CF card”, “Recompile all screens”, “Transfer project and enable upload editing”.
4. Press “Create and Transfer”.
5. Specify the drive name of the installed USB port (SD card) and press OK.
6. When the transfer is complete, attach the USB memory (SD card) to the GC-A2 display.
⑦-2 Switch the GC-A2 display firmware to “SC5 mode”
1. If you turn on the power while touching the upper left of the screen of the GC-A2 display, the system screen will be displayed.
2. Touch “Settings”-> “Option”-> “SC5FW”-> “yes” to restart the GC-A2 display as a GC-70 equivalent.
⑦-3 Transfer from USB / SD to display
1. Select “Download”-> “USB Mass Storage” or “SD Card” from the system screen.
2. Click “Start” to start downloading the project.
3. When the download is complete, the display will start.
⑧ GC-A2 display initial setting
1. Make the necessary settings for operation such as “Serial port setting” from “System setting” on the system screen.
2. After completing the settings, press “User Mode” to start operation as a display.
Steps ④ to ⑧ display See the details of the GC-70 series product catalog / manual .
Display GC-A2 series software / manual details Click here
Click here for email inquiries