GC-50 series update to SCA2
I would like to update the GC-50 series.
At that time, I would like to use the new drawing software: SCREEN CREATOR ADVANCE 2 (hereinafter referred to as SCA2).
Please tell me the procedure for migrating to the successor model and new tool when updating to the current product.
The GC-50 series is currently being replaced by the GC-A2 series, but it is not a fully compatible product.
The project migration procedure when using the new tool (SCA2) is as follows.
For details, please read the explanation below from the model number comparison table.
1. If the project for GC-50 is not on your computer, you need to perform operations such as uploading from the display and restoring the uploaded project.
2. If the project uploaded from the display does not have editable screen data, or if you are using a connected device (PLC) that is not compatible with SCA2, it cannot be replaced.
3. The GC-50 series has a DSUB 9-pin (female) serial communication port connector, while the GC-A2 series has a DSUB 15-pin (male). If you want to use the cable used for the GC-50 as it is, create a connector conversion cable. For the conversion cable, see here.
4. In addition, display restrictions will occur due to changes in screen resolution.
5. For details, posted here > Please see “Vol_8_SCA2_Model number transfer_V02”.
Model number comparison table
|GC-50||Successor GC-A2||Screen size|
|GC-53LM||GC-A24-RS||7.0 inch wide 800×480(WVGA)|
|GC-55EM||GC-A26||10.4 inches 800×600(SVGA)|
If you have a project on your computer, start with “④ Open the project”.
1.Attach a commercially available USB / serial converter to your computer and set it to either COM1 to COM4.
For COM port settings, see here.
2. Please connect PC and GC-50 with GC-S1C1-DEE download cable.
Click here for the down cable connection diagram Please take a look.
3. Touch the upper left and lower right of the GC-50 screen at the same time to switch to the system screen.
4. Touch “Download” to put the GC-50 in the download waiting state.
5. Select “Project”-> “Upload”-> “Upload” of the drawing tool SCREEN CREATOR 5 (hereinafter SC5).
6. Select the model number in “Panel”.
7. Select the COM port number and communication speed of the PC to which the display is connected in “Transfer method”.
8. Uncheck “Transfer from CF card” and press “Execute”.
After uploading, execute SC5 “Project”-> “Upload”-> “Restore Upload Project”.
③ E250 error
At this time, if the message “E250 project has not been downloaded” appears, the editable project has not been downloaded to the display side, so no further work can be done.
For details, refer to the user’s manual “Vol.2 Operation 4-72 Download”.
Because it was downloaded without checking “Transfer project files and enable upload editing” when downloading.
④ Open the project
1. Select the project from “Project”-> “Open” of SC5 and press “OK”.
⑤ Check connected devices
1. Check if the connected device you are using is listed in “GC-7x Series Compatible Manual 3-2. Compatible PLC”.
2. If it is not on the list, no further work can be done.
⑥ Project conversion
1. Change the model number of “Panel” from “Project”-> “Project Properties” of SC5 to “GC-7x” and press “OK”.
2. For GC-53LM (2/3), select GC-73LM. * Converted to background color: black, object color: white
3. For GC-53LC (2), select GC-73LC.
4. For GC-55EM (2), select GC-76LC (monochrome). * When placed horizontally, the 80 dots at the bottom of the screen will be a margin (when placed vertically, the right side of the screen).
5. For GC-56LC (2), select GC-76LC。
⑦ Create download data
1.Select “Project”-> “Download” of SC5.
2.Check “Transfer from CF card”, “Recompile all screens”, “Transfer project and enable upload editing”.
3. Press “Create”.
⑧ Make a backup
1. Check “Back up your library members” from “Project”-> “Backup”.
2. After specifying the backup destination folder name, press “Execute”.
⑨ New tool: Read with SCA2
1. Start SCA2.
2. From “File” “Open File”, set “File Type” to “GC-5x / 7x Project File (* .PRO)” and select the folder backed up by SC5.
3. Select “* .PRO file” in the folder and press “Open” to start file conversion.
⑩ Project modification / modification
1. After the conversion is completed, if any errors occur, correct them.
2. After modifying or modifying the project, download it to GC-A2.
⑪ Download the project to GC-A2
1. Turn on the power of GC-A2.
2. Connect the PC and GC-A2 with a USB cable.
(If you connect for the first time, the device driver will be installed, so wait until the installation is completed.)
3. Go to SCA2 “Panel”-> “Download”.
4. Check “Transfer to panel via USB”, “Recompile all screens”, “Transfer project and make it recoverable”, and press “Create and transfer”.
Steps ④ to ⑧ display See the details of the GC-70 series product catalog / manual .
Display GC-A2 series software / manual details Click here
Click here for inquiries by email